Last updated: June 13th, 2023
WRISTCHECK EXCHANGE LIMITED (“Wristcheck”) provides a twelve (12)- month additional warranty for each Eligible Watch, in parallel with any existing manufacturer’s warranty the watch might have (“Warranty Period”). If your Eligible Watch should become defective at any point throughout the Warranty Period, Wristcheck will repair the Eligible Watch (“Wristcheck Warranty”), subject to the terms and conditions hereinbelow.
1. “Eligible Watch” means
- Watches purchased from Wristcheck with an active Wristcheck warranty
- Any watches that have been serviced or repaired by Wristcheck.
Please note that any Wristcheck limited edition watches do not come with Wristcheck Warranty. Limited Edition products in collaboration with Wristcheck will be covered by the manufacturer. Manufacturer warranty is usually between 12-24 months subject to the collaborating brand
The Warranty Period for in-store purchases shall commence on the date of purchase specified in the sales receipt; and the Warranty Period for online purchases shall commence after buyer protection period has expired. The Warranty Period of watches serviced or repaired at Wristcheck shall commence on the completion date of service as specified in the relevant service certificate.
2. Wristcheck offers two types of Wristcheck Warranty with the same Warranty Period, namely,
- Wristcheck Standard Warranty: it covers Wristcheck’s assessment of the Eligible Watch and the subsequent repair. Provided that the exclusion mentioned in Clause 7 below does not apply, Wristcheck will repair the Eligible Watch or any part thereof free of charge; and
- Wristcheck Limited Warranty: it covers Wristcheck’s assessment of the Eligible Watch but no subsequent repair is guaranteed. Wristcheck will assess each Eligible Watch on a case-by-case basis. Wristcheck shall have the sole and absolute discretion to (i) repair the Eligible Watch or any part thereof free of charge; (ii) repair the Eligible Watch or any part thereof at a cost quoted to the customer; or (iii) not to provide any repair services.
3. The types of Wristcheck Warranty applicable to each Eligible Watch are available on Wristcheck’s website and/or the condition report of each Eligible Watch. Please make sure you understand which type of warranty applies before you make your purchase.
4. You acknowledge and agree that Wristcheck has the sole and absolute discretion to decide which type of Wristcheck Warranty shall apply based on various factors, such as the age of the Eligible Watch, the accessibility of its parts and/or the resistance levels of it, etc.
5. In the event that the Wristcheck Warranty of an Eligible Watch has been used or consumed during the Warranty Period, the initial Warranty Period shall lapse and a fresh 12-month Warranty Period shall commence on the completion date of service. The Wristcheck Warranty will be eligible to extend once only For example, if the 12-month Wristcheck Warranty begins on 1 January 2023, the initial expiry date shall be 31 December 2023. If the watch has been serviced or repaired by Wristcheck under Wristcheck Warranty on 1 June 2023, the new expiry date shall be 31 May 2024.
6. Wristcheck Warranty only covers repairing manufacturing and mechanical defects and does NOT include:
- repairing any defects or damages of an Eligible Watch (including its straps and accessories) caused by: (i) misuse, mishandling, misapplication, mistreatment, or negligence (whether wilful or otherwise) by any person other than Wristcheck or its service agents; (ii) exposure to fire, chemicals or other external causes; (iii) any accidents, whether or not any precaution has been made; (iv) water or liquid damage if it is a non-water resistant watch; (v) shock if it is not a shock-proof watch; (vi) normal wear-and-tear (including but not limited to cracks, scratches and dents); and/or (vii) alteration, modification, repair or otherwise servicing or tampering of the watch by anyone other than Wristcheck, the manufacturer of the watch or their authorized service agents;
- recovering any lost or missing Eligible Watch;
- repairing any consumer parts (including but not limited to watch batteries) of the Eligible Watch;
- repairing any parts that Wristcheck did not repair or service (applicable to Eligible Watches that have been serviced or repaired by Wristcheck but not purchased from Wristcheck);
- regular cleaning and maintenance of an Eligible Watch.
7. You hereby acknowledge and agree that Wristcheck will not replace any parts of any Eligible Watch unless you have (i) given written consent to Wristcheck to do so and (ii) accepted the quotation for such replacement parts and replacement services in writing.
8. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, (i) the warranties and remedies under Wristcheck Warranties shall be in lieu of any expressed or implied warranties of any kind; and (ii) Wristcheck shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused in relation to any Eligible Watch and the entire liability of Wristcheck shall be the Wristcheck Warranties.
9. You hereby acknowledge and agree that the Wristcheck Warranty of an Eligible Watch is personal to the person who purchased the watch from Wristcheck and/or used the services of Wristcheck. The Wristcheck Warranty cannot be transferrable or assignable to any third party.
10. You hereby acknowledge and agree that the services under Wristcheck Warranty may be conducted by Wristcheck or subcontracted or outsourced to any third party at Wristcheck’s sole and absolute discretion.
11. If the Eligible Watch is covered by both the manufacturer’s warranty and Wristcheck's warranty, Wristcheck will prioritise the manufacturer's warranty unless specified by the client.. You hereby acknowledge and agree that any servicing or repairing of an Eligible Watch under Wristcheck Warranty or any replacement made by Wristcheck may void or disqualify the manufacturer’s warranty.
12. In the event that the manufacturer or its authorized service agents reject a warranty claim, any Wristcheck Standard Warranty such Eligible Watch might have will be automatically downgraded to Wrischeck Limited Warranty without any further notice.
13. To claim Wristcheck Warranty, you must complete the warranty form specified by Wristcheck and submit the same by way of email to email@example.com. To fill in the form, you may be required to provide (i) your personal data; (ii) descriptions of the defects; and (iii) a copy of the relevant sales receipt and/or service certificate.
14. Wristcheck will contact you by way of the contact method you provided in the warranty form and either inform you that you are not eligible for the warranty claim or invite you to mail in or bring in the defective Eligible Watch to Wristcheck’s Hong Kong office for Wristcheck’s assessment and repair (if applicable).
15. If your watch is not an Eligible Watch or is otherwise not covered by Wristcheck Warranty, you may submit your request for repair services by way of email to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify the details of your watch and the defects.
16. Wristcheck may require you to provide further information and documents or invite you to mail in or bring in the defective watch to Wristcheck’s Hong Kong office for Wristcheck’s assessment and quotation.
17. If repair services have been arranged and completed through Wristcheck (whether by Wristcheck, the manufacturer of the watch, or their authorized service agents), the repaired watch will be covered by Wristcheck Warranty effective from the completion date of the repair services as specified in the relevant service certificate.
18. To register your Eligible Watch and/or to claim Wristcheck Warranty, you may be required to provide your personal data, including but not limited to your name, your email address, your mailing address and your contact number.
19. You hereby represent and warrant that all personal data, information and documentation given by you for the warranty or repair services is correct and accurate.
21. If shipping is involved in the warranty process, you shall bear the risks and costs of shipping the watch to Wristcheck and Wristcheck shall only bear the risks and costs of shipping the watch being repaired to you. The Wristcheck’s shipping policy shall apply (as applicable).
22. Wristcheck reserves the right to amend and revise the terms of Wristcheck Warranty from time to time without giving you any prior notice. The updated version will be available on Wristcheck’s website.
23. Wristcheck shall have the absolute discretion to interpret the terms and conditions herein and shall have the final decision in the event of any dispute over Wristcheck Warranty.